The fresh appointments bring a great amount of cognitive diversity to the board, from the world of public service, technology, pharma, medical fraternity, and the consumer sector
API Holdings, the parent co of digital healthcare brand, PharmEasy has made fresh appointments of five independent directors to its board, in line with the highest standard of corporate governance. The fresh appointments bring a great amount of cognitive diversity to the board, with luminaries from the world of public service, technology, pharma, medical fraternity, and the consumer sector.
Following the approval by its shareholders along with the resignation of several Investor Nominee Directors, API, the board has a total of 12 members including five Independent Directors. These directors are:
- Vineeta Rai, IAS (Retd) Officer who was the Ex-Revenue Secretary of India.
- Subramanian Somasundaram recently retired as the CFO of Titan Company.
- Ramakant Sharma, Founder and COO, Livspace and one of the most successful angel investors in India.
- Dr Jaydeep Tank, a leading Gynaecologist based in Mumbai is the Secretary-General, FOGSI.
- Deepak Vaidya, with decades of experience in the field of Pharmaceuticals, Micro-Finance, Healthcare and Private Equity.
A brief profile of each of the Independent Directors is as follows:
Siddharth Shah, Co-Founder & CEO, API Holdings said, “The diversity will help us provide integrated, digital healthcare solutions across the length and breadth of India benefiting all stakeholders. We have luminaries from the field of public service, a leading doctor, a tech wizard and angel investor, a pharma veteran and someone who has seen consumer business very closely. This diversity will help us bring a paradigm shift with the rapid digitisation of healthcare and enable across the board doctor consultation, diagnostics labs and the supply chain for delivering medicines. With the diverse experience of our board, our platforms will continue to significantly invest to improve access to affordable healthcare. We remain resolute in our mission to offer affordable healthcare across every single zip-code of India, be it consultation, tests of treatment within a 24-hour TAT, and contribute to the Indian healthcare ecosystem.”